Columbus Medicaid Planning Attorney
Are You or a Loved One Getting Older in Columbus and Looking to Preserve Your Assets
Avoid Being Wiped Out by Astronomical Health Care Costs and Explore Your Life Planning Options?
Services We Provide
- Medicaid Planning
- Hospice Care
- Nursing Home or Assisted Living Care
- In-Home Health Care and Nurses
- Other Long-Term Care Needs
- Alzheimer’s / Dementia Care Planning
Why Plan Now (and not tomorrow)
- Give yourself time to find alternatives to pay for healthcare so that you can preserve hard‐earned assets.
- Allows you to keep all or most of your assets, rather than making avoidable payments for care.
- Leave your loved ones with what you’ve worked a lifetime for, It’s your legacy.
- Makes the most of Medicaid’s safe harbor provisions.
- Medicaid eligibility is very complex, and the rules change frequently. Even simple errors can result in a denial of benefits and penalties. We can take care of this for you.
Why Choose Jarvis Law Office?
- Free Confidential Case Assessment – On your free, no-charge phone assessment, we will listen to you and help you determine your next steps.
- Personalized Attention – We respect and understand that every client’s needs are unique. We treat all our clients with the attention they deserve.
- Focused Legal Practice – Our firm has only concentrated on wills, estate planning, elder law, asset protection, long-term care plans, and closely related areas.
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee – We guarantee you’ll be happy with your experience with us.
- No Hidden Fees – Know the costs before starting (in most situations).
- Experienced – In our 18 years in business, we’ve helped Columbus Ohio families protect their legacy and plan for their future.
- Custom Plans and Solutions – You and your family are unique. That’s why we don’t use fill-in-the-blank form documents. Your plan is tailored to be YOUR plan. Together we create plans that best fulfill your dreams and goals.
- Highly Responsive – We strive for “exceptional communication” returned client calls. No slow communication or waiting days to hear back from us.
- Proactive Approach – We help clients prevent legal problems and mistakes before they happen.
- Client Education Focused – You’ll get a clear and concise understanding of each step in the process. We offer free monthly seminars to all interested in attending.
- Trusted – A+ BBB and BBB Accredited Business Member.
- We’re Here For You Afterwards – After creating your plan, we will periodically check in with you and keep you informed and can meet to review changes in your assets, situation, or wishes.
- Highly Reviewed & Rated – 10.0/10.0 rating by respected legal website Avvo, 4.7 review rating on Google. See some of our client reviews below.
So, Where Does Medicaid Come In?
For most people, Medicaid only becomes an option after Medicare benefits are exhausted. But what many people don’t realize is that Medicaid benefits are not automatic. In fact, to receive Medicaid, a patient and the patient’s spouse (if married) must first “spend down” their “countable” assets. That limit is down to $2,000 or $999.99 for a single patient in most states but gets more complex for married couples. In Ohio, the asset limit for a single person is $2,000. There also are categories of assets that will be automatically exempt for purposes of qualification.
It Sounds Pretty Easy, Right? Wrong!
Actually, things can get complicated quite quickly. What do I do to protect assets? What do I do to convert assets without getting in trouble? Do I apply before or after we start getting care (and bills)?
These are all valid questions, and rather than attempting to answer them on your own with everything else that is swirling around you, you should seek professional advice from a qualified attorney who practices in Medicaid planning, understands the Medicaid system, and can help you get organized for the future. If you qualify, Medicaid benefits can help pay for certain medical expenses such as:
- Doctor and Hospital Bills
- Vision and Dental Care
- Medicare Premiums
- Nursing Home Care
- Personal Care Services (PCS), Medical Equipment, and other Home Health Services
- In-Home Care under the Community Alternatives Program (CAP)
- Mental Health Care
- The majority of medically necessary services for children under age 21
Client Reviews – Jarvis Law Office
Actual Words Clients Have Used to Describe Us and Their Experience
“Very professional staff that is well informed of the latest rules and regs surrounding elder law and preserving wealth,” “experts in their field,” “professional, courteous, and resourceful,” “the team to see for all of your aging needs,” “best in town,” “knowledgeable,” “helpful,” “wish I would have went there 1st,” “goes above and beyond,” “they genuinely care about their clients,” “take pride in delivering quality, professional service,” “company’s values shine through,” “very sound advice,” “extremely knowledgeable, and affordable,” “this firm is part of our family now,” “passionate and compassionate in assisting the elderly community,” “feel blessed to have found them as our ‘guardian angels’,” “has an in depth knowledge,” “very knowledgeable on Medicaid and VA benefits,” “concerned about the clients receiving maximum value from his services,” “extremely professional, knowledgeable and trustworthy,” “highly recommend him as an Elder Law attorney,” “you will not be disappointed in the peace of mind they bring to your family,” “professional and personal,” “professional specialized knowledge,” “wonderful attention to details,” “wonderful, compassionate and professional firm,” “knowledgable in the areas of Elder Law, Asset Protection, VA Benefits, Estate Planning, Medicaid Planning and Probate”
If these qualities are what you are looking for in a law firm, then contact us to see how we can help you and your family.
Attorneys You Can Trust
We help Columbus families locally or near the Columbus area and outside of Ohio when they need to handle issues or an estate for a family member within the state of Ohio.
Clients come to us from Columbus, Lancaster, Pickerington, Logan, Athens, Circleville, Canal Winchester, Dublin, Plain City, Westerville, Worthington, Hilliard, St. Clairsville, Bellaire, Belmont, Cambridge, Wintersville, Marietta, Steubenville, and Woodsfield.
What To Do Now
We welcome your questions and want to understand your situation to help you move forward and achieve the peace of mind that comes with having everything done properly and efficiently. Don’t let everything you’ve worked for just slip away due to a lack of proper planning. Invest the time now to learn your options by speaking with us and making the choices that best protect your legacy and wishes. Call us for one-on-one assistance at (614) 495-4185 with your questions, a description of your situation, or to schedule a consultation. You may also simply fill out the form above on this page. Your form will be directly emailed to our office. You can expect a reply within one business day and often within hours the same day. All information is confidential. If you are not quite ready for a consultation, we invite you to attend one of our upcoming free webinars to learn more and get to know us.